Saturday, August 8, 2015

Silently Still by Julieanne Lynch - ARC Review




















Title: Silently Still
Author: Julieanne Lynch
Publication: May 19, 2015
Series: None. 
Format: Ebook
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥

Summary:

Everyone is entitled to making their own choices in life, but a decision can make or break you. For Jacinta Kelly, hers came in the form of running away from everything that reminded her of her roots.  Living in rural Ireland was hard enough, but living with her mother’s mental illness and her obsession with her garden took its toll. One winter, the world as she knows it changes. Jacinta becomes aware of her own mortality, and how fragile her existence truly is.  Alone and frightened; to live or die, the choice is hers.

My Review:

I recieved a digital copy of this book free of cost for a read-to-review basis.

This was a beautiful story. I didn't think I was going to like this book at the first few chapters, I was honestly getting bored but then things started to pick up. This was very touching and really emotional, at least it was emotional for me. I can honestly say that I would read this a hundred times over and over again. It was a short book to read and boy was it a tear fest in my room.  

- Jacinta
I felt so bad for Jacinta, countless times. I don't really like when the main character is a child because I get annoyed when reading from their point of view, and I did get annoyed by Jacinta a few times but she is a strong and great character. She has lost so much and I was so glad with how this ended.  

Overall, there were so many great things about this book. I honestly wasn't expecting much, but this was a beautiful book. I honestly can't stand bullies and Jacinta was a very powerful little girl, I would have just left and not engage in violence but I admired Jacinta for standing up for herself many times even though there were consequences for her afterwards. I can't get over how much I cried, this was a great read. Get your tissues ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment