Saturday, July 18, 2015

Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier - Book Review




















Title: Sapphire Blue 
Author: Kerstin Gier 
Publication: October 30, 2012 
Series: The Ruby Red Trilogy #2
Format: Hardcover
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥

Summary:

Gwen’s life has been a rollercoaster since she discovered she was the Ruby, the final member of the secret time-traveling Circle of Twelve. In between searching through history for the other time-travelers and asking for a bit of their blood (gross!), she’s been trying to figure out what all the mysteries and prophecies surrounding the Circle really mean.  

At least Gwen has plenty of help. Her best friend Lesley follows every lead diligently on the Internet. James the ghost teaches Gwen how to fit in at an eighteenth century party. And Xemerius, the gargoyle demon who has been following Gwen since he caught her kissing Gideon in a church, offers advice on everything. Oh, yes. And of course there is Gideon, the Diamond. One minute he’s very warm indeed; the next he’s freezing cold. Gwen’s not sure what’s going on there, but she’s pretty much destined to find out.

My Review:

“Nick demonstrated twenty-three ways of communicating without words by fanning himself with a napkin. "This one means oops, your fly is open, sir, and if you lower the fan a little and look at someone over the top of it, it means wow, I'd like to marry you. But if you do it the other way around, it means ha ha, we are now at war with Spain.”   

First of all, I would like to say that this cover is stunning! And secondly, I loved this one. Time travel always confuses me and I was still rather confused with this one. I didn't really remember much from the last book when I started this one but I was easily caught up. I still don't get half of what I just read but I kind of get the gist of it. I do think the book dragged a bit.

- Gwen
I loved Gwen's character, although I wish she stood up for herself more. She is hilarious though, I love reading her snarky remarks. In this book, no one wishes to tell her about anything really, and I really like what she did instead. You see, instead of being a brat and whining for them to tell her what's going on, she goes on and looks for information for herself even though it is all rather confusing (at least it was for me). She is a very smart and talented character.  

- Gideon
What is with him?? I was soo confused with him more than the whole time traveling issue. I was all happy towards the ending with him and Gwen and then that turned into hate and then towards confusion after reading the epilogue. I am in need to read the next book to understand what the hell is going on and hopefully all my questions are answered in the next book.  

Overall, this was a great add to the series. I am hoping to read the next book soon, I think it's going to be great. Hopefully, I'm not disappointed. Am I the only one who never seems to understand time travel? Anyway, looking forward to the ending of this series.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so hyped about this series, I need to read it right away! I particularly like time-travel :)

    Aeriko @ http://thereadingarmchair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete