Monday, July 13, 2015

It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han - Book Review




















Title: It's Not Summer Without You
Author: Jenny Han 
Publication: April 27, 2010
Series: Summer #2 
Format: Paperback
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥

Summary:

Can summer be truly summer without Cousins Beach?

It used to be that Belly counted the days until summer, until she was back at Cousins Beach with Conrad and Jeremiah. But not this year. Not after Susannah got sick again and Conrad stopped caring. Everything that was right and good has fallen apart, leaving Belly wishing summer would never come.

But when Jeremiah calls saying Conrad has disappeared, Belly knows what she must do to make things right again. And it can only happen back at the beach house, the three of them together, the way things used to be. If this summer really and truly is the last summer, it should end the way it started--at Cousins Beach.

My Review:

“There are moments in life that you wish with all your heart you could take back. Like, just erase from existence. Like, if you could, you'd erase yourself right out of existence too, just to make that moment not exist.”  

I really enjoyed this book much more than I did with book one. I remember not really loving book one but at the same time not hating it. I am so glad I gave this book a try because this was perfect. This is definitely my favorite in the series so far. There were some flaws in the book but what book doesn't have some flaws? But there were just so many perfect scenes that it was incredibly easy to forget about the few flaws in the book. I am truly excited to start the last book in this series because after the ending of this one, I really need to know how this ends.

- Belly
I think she has matured some from the first book. I couldn't stand her in the last book but she was much better in this one. She may have acted a little childish at one point in the book, but hey she was drunk. I'm positive many people act immature when they're drunk and act childish at some point. Belly character was a much better improvement in this book. I felt really bad for Belly because of the intensity of her relationship with her mother but I think it worked out really well for the both of them. I really can't wait to see what happens in the next book.

- Conrad
I still love Conrad much more than Jeremiah. Even though he was a jerk a lot of times through this book (same as the first book, maybe even a little more) it was really nice to see when the nice side came out of him. Conrad is the kind of guy who would give a girl a lot of mixed signals, first he wants to be with you and then the next he wants nothing to do with you and then repeat. Even though he has such a crappy side to him I still love him!

- Jeremiah
I like his character. I think he would be an amazing boyfriend for a lot of girls, just not for Belly. He is a really great character in this series but for some reason it's hard for me to see him as a boyfriend for Belly. I wonder how it's going to go for him the next book.

Overall, I really did love this book. I laughed and I cried but I loved it. This was a pretty fast read, and the perfect contemporary romance for summer. As I said multiple times, I can't wait to read the next book.


Other Books In Series Reviews
#1 The Summer I Turned Pretty

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you loved this! The Summer trilogy is one of my all time favorite trilogies!

    ReplyDelete