Saturday, July 18, 2015

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins - Book Review




















Title: Catching Fire 
Author: Suzanne Collins 
Publication: September 1, 2009
Series: The Hunger Games #2 
Format: Ebook 
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥

Summary:

Sparks are igniting. 
Flames are spreading. 
And the Capitol wants revenge.  

Against all odds, Katniss has won the Hunger Games. She and fellow District 12 tribute Peeta Mellark are miraculously still alive. Katniss should be relieved, happy even. After all, she has returned to her family and her longtime friend, Gale. Yet nothing is the way Katniss wishes it to be. Gale holds her at an icy distance. Peeta has turned his back on her completely. And there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol - a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create.

Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop. And what scares her even more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try. As time draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they can't prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying.

In Catching Fire, the second novel in the Hunger Games trilogy, Suzanne Collins continues the story of Katniss Everdeen, testing her more than ever before...and surprising readers at every turn.

My Review:

“I wish I could freeze this moment, right here, right now and live in it forever.”   

This was a fantastic book. I don't know why it took me so long to finally read this one. I remember trying to read it countless times and always stopped after the first chapter but I kept telling myself to continue and boy am I glad I did. This was a great book, I loved it even more than the movie and I really enjoyed the movie as well. I did see the movie before I read the book so I did know what has going to happen but I loved the more detailed writing than actually watching the film.  

- Katniss
First of all, I love her name so much. She is so incredibly smart and has such courage. I did find her annoying at many times though, especially with Peeta. She can be very confusing but she still is rather amazing. She is a real badass and I love when she shoots her arrows. I wish I could do that, that would be so much fun. I think that's why I love her so much though, she can just be so amazing just with her bow and arrows. She doesn't need to be going off to the hunger games or trying to survive, if this book was just about her in a forest shooting things I think I would have loved it the same.  

- Peeta
I love Peeta so much. Honestly, I don't think Katniss deserves him. He has so many great qualities and is just so easy to love. Peeta is amazing, it's really hard to not fall for him. I don't think there's something bad I can say about him, because he's perfect. I wish things were different for him and Katniss though, I want him to be happy. I can't wait to see what happens in the next book.  

Overall, this book made me cry quite a couple of times. This is so far my favorite in the series. I am excited to read the next book and see what happens next because this was awesome. I did see Mockingjay part 1 in the movie theater already but there's still that whole other part that was left unsaid and I can't wait to read the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment