Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Bitter Blood by Rachel Caine - Book Review




















Title: Bitter Blood
Author: Rachel Caine 
Publication: November 6, 2012
Series: Morganville Vampires #13 
Format: Hardcover 
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥

Summary:

For years, the human and vampire residents of Morganville, Texas, have managed to co-exist in peace. But now that the threat to the vampires has been defeated, the human residents are learning that the gravest danger they face is the enemy within…  

Thanks to the eradication of the parasitic creatures known as the draug, the vampires of Morganville have been freed of their usual constraints. With the vampires indulging their every whim, the town’s human population is determined to hold on to their lives by taking up arms. But college student Claire Danvers isn’t about to take sides, considering she has ties to both the humans and the vampires.

To make matters worse, a television show comes to Morganville looking for ghosts, just as vampire and human politics collide. Now, Claire and her friends have to figure out how to keep the peace without ending up on the nightly news… or worse.

My Review:

“I felt I should repeat it for the other slipper, in case there should be any bad feelings between the two. One should never create tension between one's footwear.”   

I loved this one! I have loved all the books in The Morganville Series and I still love them. This one was fantastic. I was a mess after reading this. First I was happy, then sad, frustrated, back to happy then sad, depressed and then happy again. I didn't know what to expect from this one but I was surprised. This was perfect.

- Claire
I still love Claire's character. She never seizes to amaze me. She's just so great at so many things, I wish I was as smart as her, I mean she's unbelievable. I can't wait to see what happens in this next books in this series and how it end.

- Shane
I love Shane. He made me cry a couple of times and ugh I love him. I would totally fight Claire for him. I love his snarky remarks and he is hilarious, and loyal.

- Eve
Eve, my god. I could not stop crying after what happened to her. That was just so devastating. I seriously need to know how this series ends because this was just my god. Eve is so badass and so strong.

- Michael
Oh my god. Michael ahh! He also made me cry. Ugh so much crying in this one. I was so emotional which I rarely am in books. But man this one did it for me. I can't even begin to talk about Michael. Let's just continue on.

Overall, I loved this one so much. There was so much drama and ah perfect. I wanted more, I already borrowed the last two books from my library. I really want to finish this series and there to be a happy ending for Claire, Shane, Eve, and Michael. They have been through so much I just want everything to get better for them. Don't even get me started on Oliver and Amelie, lol! Loved loved loved this!


Other Books In Series Reviews
#10 Bite Club
#11 Last Breath 

No comments:

Post a Comment