Saturday, January 10, 2015

Frostfire by Amanda Hocking - Book Review




















Title: Frostfire 
Author: Amanda Hocking 
Publication: January 6, 2015 
Series: Kanin Chronicles #1 
Format: Paperback 
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥

Summary:

Bryn Aven is an outcast among the Kanin, the most powerful of the troll tribes.

Set apart by her heritage and her past, Bryn is a tracker who's determined to become a respected part of her world. She has just one goal: become a member of the elite King’s Guard to protect the royal family. She's not going to let anything stand in her way, not even a forbidden romance with her boss Ridley Dresden.

But all her plans for the future are put on hold when Konstantin– a fallen hero she once loved – begins kidnapping changelings. Bryn is sent in to help stop him, but will she lose her heart in the process?

My Review:

I won a copy of this through Goodreads Giveaways.  

I really liked this book. I just recently found out this was a spinoff series so I am sure going to get onto the other series soon. Since I won this in a giveaway, I wasn't expecting much but I was happily surprised. I kept holding this book off but once I read the first chapter it all blew by in a breeze. It was such an easy book to read and I really enjoyed it.

- Bryn
I really liked Bryn's character. I was a little confused at first as to why she was different than most of the Kanins but it makes sense. I found it a little boring at times though, especially when she kept having to keep tabs on the changeling she rescued, the was pretty dull, I just wanted to skip through the pages. Bryn is a strong character and I love that she can protect herself and I was surprised on how much I loved her character.

- Ridley
I love Ridley. I love love him. I wish there were more romance scenes with him, I love him with Bryn. I don't understand why he considers himself old, he's like 24? I absolutely love Ridley's character, I can't wait for more from him in the next books.

- Konstantin
I don't know what to think about him. I believe there is a good side to him but what's going on? I felt like there was so much missing from this book. I wish there were more action scenes and a bigger plot in the ending. I felt that it ended way too soon than it needed to.

Overall, I did really enjoy this book a lot and I am excited for the next books in this series to come out. This book felt like a breeze for 319 pages, it went by super fast which I loved. This was a great book and I would recommend this to anyone who wants a quick read and doesn't have anything at hand.

8 comments:

  1. Great review, I also didn't realise it was a spin-off so thanks for bringing it to my attention! I'm excited to read it myself :)

    Most recent post: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.com/2015/01/review-strange-angels-strange-angels-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your review and this sounds like a book that I should pick up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D If you do, let me know what you thought about it. :)

      Delete
  3. I love this book's cover! Thanks for the heads up that this is a spinoff; I haven't read the series it is based on yet so I guess I should probably read that first! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And I believe so too, I am going to be picking them up as soon as possible! :D

      Delete
  4. You actually won through Goodreads? That is sooooo cool! Never had much luck in contests though. :) Anyway, nice review and the book has a pretty cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I entered this contest also lol. It's awesome you won. I bought this book but just haven't got around to reading it yet :/ Great review :)

    ReplyDelete