Monday, September 1, 2014

August 2014 - Wrap Up

Here are all the books I read during the month of August 2014. I started off the month pretty good but went downhill from there because of school starting. I hope next month is much better! I read a total of 9 books. Not very proud of that, but it's better than nothing.


 
❀❀❀ Gossip Girl by Cecily Von Ziegesar ❀❀❀
Oh please, don't even get me started. I was very disappointed by this book. I was hoping for something better but this was just horrible. All the characters were obnoxious and annoying. I can say that I gave this book 1 star but it deserved .5 of one. The show is enjoyable rather than the book. I won't be in a rush to be continuing this series anytime soon. 




 
❀❀❀ Models Don't Eat Chocolate Cookies by Erin Dionne ❀❀❀
 This was an enjoyable read. I thought it was a cute contemporary. I was really bored throughout the book though, but it was a very short and cute read. 








❀❀❀ The Distance Between Us by Kasie West ❀❀❀
Another book by Kasie West that I loved! I really enjoyed this book, I thought the romance was spectacular and I just loved every chapter through this book. I am a huge fan of Kasie West now. I didn't expect this book to go like that but the book was better than I imagined it would be. 





 
❀❀❀ Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout ❀❀❀
I loved this book. It was much better than the first and I have high expectations for the next book in the series. I have fell in love with this series and Daemon. I am stunned with how this book ended, why such a cliffhanger Jennifer? I was expecting as much but it still isn't nice. I am thrilled to get onto the next book as soon as possible. 


 

 
❀❀❀  Split Second by Kasie West ❀❀❀  
A great installment to the Pivot Point series. I loved how this continued from where we left off on Pivot Point. I love this series and I'm devastated that it has come to an end. I fell in love with Tucker, I want more from him. I loved every minute of this book. I also enjoyed the dual point of view between Addie and Laila. 



 
 ❀❀❀ The Fault in Our Stars by John Green ❀❀❀  
This was a devastating book, an emotional roller coaster. I watched the movie before reading the book so I have some idea of what was going to happen next but the ending still struck me the same way the movie did. I used an entire box of tissues because of this book. It was simply amazing. 






❀❀❀ Incarnate by Jodi Meadows ❀❀❀ 
This was a pretty great book. I went into the book without knowing anything that was going to happen and I was pleasantly surprised. The beginning was great, the chapter was not dull and continued to impress me. I gave the book 4 stars because some scenes were a bit dull and I did not like some things that happened but the book itself was great. I cannot wait to start the next book. 





 ❀❀❀ Insurgent by Veronica Roth ❀❀❀ 
 I was a little confused when I started the book because there were so many characters I had forgotten in the last book that were brought up again through this book and I was over here like, "Who are you again?" But Veronica did help me out with remembering everybody, there were just so many characters. I thought this was a great add on to the series and I am thrilled to start the last book in the series. Everyone says they cried, for a reason I shall soon find out.





❀❀❀ The Iron King by Julie Kagawa ❀❀❀
I loved this book! Throughout many books, there are always chapters that bore me but that did not happen at all through this book. I enjoyed every little page. I was very impressed with how much I enjoyed reading this, I can happily say I will definitely be continuing this series. Julie Kagawa's writing is phenomenal, this was my first book of hers and I was no disappointed. I was expecting a little from it but I am just astonished on how much I liked this book.




I think this was a pretty good month of reading. Not adding the total amount of books I read, but mostly through the ratings. The only books I did not really like this month are the first two I started through the month. I cannot wait to start next month! 

2 comments:

  1. If you didn't like the book Gossip Girl, I'm pretty sure you'll hate the TV show. It's filled with nothing but annoying characters and bad plots. Anyways the Lux series gets to much better! It is now one of my favorite series of 2014. I'm hoping next month will be better for me too. I only read like 6 books, which I'm sad to admit. Next month should be pretty exciting. I'm starting the Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare so I'm pretty hyped. What are your plans for next month (if u made any)?

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually really enjoy the show, at first the character were VERY annoying but now I really like it, although Blaire is still really annoying. Yay! I cannot wait to continue them! I am hoping to start the Lord of the Rings series :) I am also going to try and get to the third book in the mortal instruments by Cassandra Clare. I want to finish the Mortal Instruments before I get onto the Infernal Devices.

      Delete