Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pivot Point by Kasie West - Book Review



















Title: Pivot Point 
Author: Kasie West
Publication: February 12, 2013 
Series: Pivot Point #1 
Format: Ebook 
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥

Summary:

Knowing the outcome doesn’t always make a choice easier . . . 

 Addison Coleman’s life is one big “What if?” As a Searcher, whenever Addie is faced with a choice, she can look into the future and see both outcomes. It’s the ultimate insurance plan against disaster. Or so she thought. When Addie’s parents ambush her with the news of their divorce, she has to pick who she wants to live with—her father, who is leaving the paranormal compound to live among the “Norms,” or her mother, who is staying in the life Addie has always known. Addie loves her life just as it is, so her answer should be easy. One Search six weeks into the future proves it’s not.

In one potential future, Addie is adjusting to life outside the Compound as the new girl in a Norm high school where she meets Trevor, a cute, sensitive artist who understands her. In the other path, Addie is being pursued by the hottest guy in school—but she never wanted to be a quarterback’s girlfriend. When Addie’s father is asked to consult on a murder in the Compound, she’s unwittingly drawn into a dangerous game that threatens everything she holds dear. With love and loss in both lives, it all comes down to which reality she’s willing to live through . . . and who she can’t live without.

My Review:

I absolutely loved this book! I thought this book was amazing. I was very intrigued by both the cover and the blurb. I thought this was going to be a great book based on my friends' reviews but I was not expecting this. This was pure perfection! I loved it. I am so excited for the next book!

- Addie
I loved Addie's character. I think it is amazing what she can do. I wish I had her ability, that would be awesome. I think her life with her dad went so much better than her mom's. But the ending was very smart. Addie is very intelligent, and she loves to read! She points it out a lot through the book. I really love Addie, I think she was well written.

- Trevor
Ah I'm in love again. Trevor is amazing. He is so sweet, hilarious and everything I want in a guy. Why does he have to be fictional? I just don't understand why my future boyfriends are in books wasting their time with the female lead when I'm right here? But I was impressed by Trevor, every chapter he got better and better.

- Duke
In the beginning, I was all in for Duke. I thought it was going to be boring with Trevor and just go with Duke but I just cannot believe it. I cannot believe Duke's character. And the fact that he was the one that did all that? I am just going to stop myself right there. Do not want to spoil anything for anyone else.

Overall, I thought this was an amazing book. I cannot wait for the next book! I am just so excited to see Trevor. I was enjoying myself in both worlds. I am thrilled to see what is next in store in the next book in the series. I thought this book was so original, I am so glad I read this book. I thought everybody's power were so awesome but Addie's power tops it all.

1 comment:

  1. I thought this book was great, too! Split Second is pretty good, too, though Pivot Point is still the best in the series thus far.

    ReplyDelete