Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han - Book Review



















Title: The Summer I Turned Pretty 
Author: Jenny Han 
Publication: May 5, 2009 
Series: Summer #1 
Format: Hardcover 
My Rating: ♥♥♥

Summary:

Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.

My Review:

This was a cute read. I enjoyed the writing and thought it was very enjoyable. I did have a few problems with remembering what was happening after the flashbacks. I had to go to the chapter before to regain my memory just a few times. 

- Belly
First off, I thought her name was adorable but she was very childish for her age. I didn't understand why she continued to see Cam after realizing she didn't really like him. She waited the entire summer before letting him go. I didn't like Belly's character but I hope she matures at least some in the next books. 

- Jeremiah
I thought Jeremiah was cute. I would have liked him as a boyfriend for a little but I have to agree with Belly in this case, I would have preferred Conrad instead. Jeremiah joked a little too much for my liking. 

- Conrad
Throughout the book, I thought Conrad was very obnoxious but the ending made me really like him. He gave a lot of mixed signals to Belly which confused her. He was very hard to understand at times. 

Overall, this was a fast and enjoyable read. I am looking forward to reading more romance in the next book in the series. I will definitely get the second book in my hands the next time I head out to the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment