Sunday, June 8, 2014

Dreamland by Sarah Dessen - Book Review



















Title: Dreamland 
Author: Sarah Dessen 
Series: None. 
Publication: May 11, 2004
Format: Paperback 
My Rating: ♥♥

Summary:

Wake up, Caitlin 

Ever since she started going out with Rogerson Biscoe, Caitlin seems to have fallen into a semiconscious dreamland where nothing is quite real. Rogerson is different from anyone Caitlin has ever known. He's magnetic. He's compelling. He's dangerous. Being with him makes Caitlin forget about everything else--her missing sister, her withdrawn mother, her lackluster life. But what happens when being with Rogerson becomes a larger problem than being without him?

My Review:

This was an alright book. I really thought I was going to end up loving this one, but sadly I was wrong. I enjoyed it but it wasn't what I thought it would be. 

- Caitlin
Caitlin was a very weak character. There were so many opportunities to come clean, but she never did! She irritated me a lot. Her taking cheerleading though just because her sister never did was sad. As if she wanted to do things her sister never did would make her better than her, it made her look pretty pathetic in my opinion. 

- Rogerson
Rogerson is the type of guy you really like when you first meet him but once you go on one date with him, you would drop his sorry butt. He leaves you in the car to handle some "business" which was selling crack for a living is just wrong and I cannot believe there are girls today who stay with guys like this. Although, I give my respects to those who are in the kind of relationship where the man threatens her life if she leaves, but there are a lot of people in this world who could help them. But in Caitlin's case, it's really pathetic and just sad. 

Overall, the writing was nice and it was a quick read but I didn't love it. I really love Sarah Dessen but this was not what I was expecting.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment