Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz - Book Review



















Title: Deadly Little Secret 
Author: Laurie Faria Stolarz 
Publication: December 23, 2008
Series: Touch #1 
Format: Hardcover 
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥

Summary:

Up until three months ago, everything in sixteen-year-old Camelia's life had been fairly ordinary: decent grades; an okay relationship with her parents; and a pretty cool part-time job at the art studio downtown. But when Ben, the mysterious new guy, starts junior year at her high school, Camelia's life becomes anything but ordinary.

Rumored to be somehow responsible for his ex-girlfriend's accidental death, Ben is immediately ostracized by everyone on campus. Except for Camelia. She's reluctant to believe the rumors, even when her friends try to convince her otherwise. She's inexplicably drawn to Ben and to his touch. But soon, Camelia is receiving eerie phone calls and strange packages with threatening notes. Ben insists she is in danger, and that he can help-but can he be trusted? She knows he's hiding something... but he's not the only one with a secret.
From the best-selling author of Blue is for Nightmares comes a story of paranormal romance that's sure to be a thrilling and chilling teen favorite.

My Review:

This was an awesome book. I really liked this book. It had me guessing every little thing, putting everyone as suspects. I thought this was a really cool read. I am really ready to reach onto the next book to see what holds. The role that Ben plays is unique, I would not have guessed that would be the issue of what was going on until later.

- Camelia
Camelia was a strong character. It's nice to know there a few people who don't care about what others think and what they think of others. She was really brave. If there was something I would change about Camelia it would be that she should have gone to her parents or the police when the guy entered her house and left gifts. She would have been a lot safer. Her pottering skills are intense, I had no idea what to pull of the idea of the car without wheels but it may seem like she can sense the future. It is really cool. And I know that she can sense the future for a fact because right after I finished the book I searched up the second book to see what it was going to be about.

- Ben
I am really glad Camelia didn't bother with everyone talking bad about him and still decided based on her own feelings about him to try and talk to him. If he would have saved my life I would have thought better of him as well. I didn't know what was going on with him at first, he was acted rather strange. I had a feeling the way he acted was the same way the person on the 2nd point of view was thinking. I had no idea what to expect from him but I'm pretty sure people have a better feeling of him after reading the book.

The next book seems great. A love triangle? Yikes! I will have to wait until I can get the next book in hand. I though Kimmie's character was just too much to handle. That is why I brought my fifth star down, her character was very irritating and just thought everything was a joke from one of the other guys when it was very serious and Camelia's life was in danger. She was insensitive to Camelia's feelings and only really thought of herself, it was always her her her.

Overall, this book was great. I enjoyed myself and thought this was a nice book to lay down and read I didn't get bored once throughout the book and did not feel as though it dragged, which annoys me all too well. I am looking forward to next book to see what is going on. It seems as though Ben is leaving so what is going to happen to their relationship? And why are there so many secrets?

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really great book that I might consider picking up sometime this summer.

    I would have liked a warning before you started talking about stuff you learned about the characters near the end and by looking up the second book though :/ I stopped reading after the part about Camelia because I was afraid of what else might be mentioned.

    Katie at The Pop Cultist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I am so sorry, I didn't mean to spoil anybody.

      I hope you end up liking the book once you read it.

      Delete
  2. Hi :)
    I nominated you for the Liebster Awards! (everything's explained here: http://mybookfilledlife.blogspot.com/2014/06/liebster-award.html)

    ReplyDelete