Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Cinder by Marissa Meyer - Book Review



















Title: Cinder
Author: Marissa Meyer 
Publication: January 3, 2012
Series: The Lunar Chronicles #1 
Format: Hardcover
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥

Summary:

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.  

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.

My Review:

This book was marvelous. I had a hankering for more. I absolutely loved this book. I am so excited to start the next book. There was so much that happened that I remembered at the end that this is just the beginning. I cannot wait to start the next books in the series, I have no idea what is to come and I am ecstatic to start them.  

- Cinder
I love Cinder's character. She is an amazing main character to read about. She is caring and is not afraid to stand up for herself. Although, I do wish she was a little more considerate at what was said to her, I know it is a lot to take in but she overreacted way too much. I am thrilled to see what she does in the next book.  

- Kai
Oh my god, I was speechless at the end. I love Kai so much from the beginning but the end turned me, I don't know why he said what he said but the boy better get his act together. The Kai in the beginning: I thought he was an awesome character and very caring. He was persistent and was a great male character, but now I do not know what to expect from him.  

Overall, I thought this book was very unique. This retelling of Cinderella is fantastic. A cyborg Cinderella? First I heard of that, anyone else? I do not know what is coming for the next book but I know it has to be good. There is so much that could happen and I am just anxious to start it. I loved this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment